var NS = (navigator.appName == "Netscape"); var VERSION = parseInt(navigator.appVersion); if (VERSION >3)
Open Enrollment courses sponsored by TheCapitol.Net (TCN) and scheduled in Washington, DC, are cancelled when the federal government operating status in the Washington, DC metropolitan area is "Federal agencies in Washington, DC are CLOSED" according to OPM. Our complete weather policy is on our web site at www.SnowPolicy.com.
Morning refreshments and coffee breaks are included in all of our in-person Open Enrollment courses. Networking lunches are included in all one-day and longer in-person Open Enrollment courses that have a registration fee of more than $494, including our Congressional Operations Briefing - Capitol Hill Workshop, which is three days of training. Be sure to check your program materials for your specific course details.
No, not for in-person courses. You are welcome to bring a pen and a pad of notepaper, but all materials are provided. You are welcome to bring your laptop. (Please note that no recording of our courses is allowed.)
back to top
For in-person courses, business attire is required, military uniforms are optional. Please bear in mind that meeting rooms can be chilly, so you may wish to bring a sweater or jacket.
The Training Edition of the Congressional Procedure is used in three of our courses: Congressional Dynamics and the Legislative Process, Advanced Legislative Procedure, and the Congressional Operations Briefing - Capitol Hill Workshop.
Common Sense Rules of Advocacy for Lawyers is used in one of our courses: Effective Executive Briefings: The Art of Persuasion.
The Training Edition of Persuading Congress is used in Strategies for Working with Congress: Effective Communication and Advocacy on Capitol Hill and the Congressional Operations Briefing - Capitol Hill Workshop.
Many attorneys in mandatory CLE states have received credit for attending our courses. However, because we do not seek CLE accreditation, if you desire CLE credits, see our CLE credit page for information about how to apply to your state.
Our courses are approved
for CEUs from
George Mason University.
- For in-person courses:
- Business attire is required, military uniforms are optional. Business casual is fine. However, be aware that during the Congressional Operations Briefing - Capitol Hill Workshop, part of the briefing includes attending a congressional hearing and you may wish to dress more formally for that.
- Meeting rooms can be chilly - bring a sweater or jacket.
- Arrive 15 to 20 minutes before the course is scheduled to start so you can sign in and get your materials.
- Morning refreshments and coffee breaks are provided.
- Wear your name tag to all events, including meals - on your right lapel is recommended.
- Introduce yourself and hand out your business card to other attendees - this is a great time to network.
- Turn off phones and other personal electronic devices during the course.
Want to know
PO Box 25706
Alexandria, VA 22313-5706
DUNS number: 04-273-5071
SIC: 8299, 2741, 8742
NAIC: 611430, 56192, 5111, 541611