Single Copy of the Pocket Guide to Advocacy on Capitol Hill
- $8.50 includes shipping via First Class Mail, with tracking
We sell single copies for $8.50, which includes shipping by first class USPS mail with tracking number
|Included in our Legislative Day training|
This Pocket Guide is included as part of the program materials in our custom National Advocacy Day / Government Affairs Institute / Capitol Hill Day programs--contact us for details: 202-678-1600, ext. 115.
Table of ContentsIntroduction
Map of Capitol Hill
Ch. 1 Influence Factors of Undecided Legislators
Ch. 2 Dominant Role of Constituents
Ch. 3 How Legislators Make Decisions - Heart, Head, Health
Ch. 4 Get to Legislators BEFORE They Take a Stand
Ch. 5 The Personal Story Trumps All
Ch. 6 How to Leverage Your Affiliations to Magnify Your Power
Ch. 7 How to Build Long-term Relationships with Legislators
Ch. 8 Tips for Meeting with Legislators or Staff
Ch. 9 Influencing Staff, and Why It's Important
Ch. 10 How to Influence Legislators at Town Hall Meetings
Ch. 11 How to Turn a Chance Meeting into a Legislative Victory
Ch. 12 How to Write Letters and Email to Legislators that Influence Decision-Making
Ch. 13 What Kind of Mail Do Lawmakers Really Read?
Ch. 14 Effective (and Ineffective) Phone Calls to Legislators
Ch. 15 How to Write Letters to the Editor that Get PublishedAppendices
- The Constitutional Basics
- The Roles of Party Leaders
- How a Hearing Works
- How a Markup Works
- Bells and Lights on Capitol Hill
- How to Navigate DC Streets--The Quadrant System
- Tourist Sites Near the Capitol
- Online Tours of Washington, DC
- House Floor
- Senate Floor
- Where to Eat on Capitol Hill
Audio CD and Print Materials Online download with MP3 audio and materials in PDF Capitol Learning Audio Courses
Capitol Learning Audio Courses are a convenient way to learn about the legislative process, federal budgeting, media relations, business etiquette, and much more. Each course is between 1/2 hour and 2 hours long, and includes the course materials.
Our Capitol Learning Audio Courses can be customized with your logo in quantities of 250 to 10,000 copies. Contact our Client Liaison for details.
- How to Organize a Capitol Hill Day
- Understanding the Path of Legislation
- Congressional Committees and Party Leadership: Who Controls the Congressional Agenda
- Senate Scheduling and Floor Procedures
- Senate Amendment Procedure
- House Floor Procedures
- The House Rules Committee: Gatekeeper to the Floor
- C-SPAN 1 Viewer's Guide: Making Sense of Watching the House of Representatives: Legislative Procedure, Congressional Jargon, and Floor Plan
- C-SPAN 2 Viewer's Guide: Making Sense of Watching the Senate: What's Behind the Classical Music
- What Your Member of Congress Can Do for You: Gallery Passes, Flags, Presidential Greetings, and Help with Federal Agencies
- and more
Also see these related publications
3.25 x 6.5 inches, 1.5 ounces each
This Pocket Guide is included as part of the program materials in our custom National Advocacy Day / Capitol Hill Day programs--contact us for details: 202-678-1600, ext. 112.
If you would like to see a FREE copy of this Pocket Guide and you are responsible for organizing your organization's Capitol Hill Day, please complete this online request.
Have a suggestion for the Pocket Guide to Advocacy on Capitol Hill?
If you have a suggestion for a change or addition to a future edition of the Pocket Guide to Advocacy on Capitol Hill, please contact us or complete our online suggestion form.
var addthis_brand = "TheCapitol.Net";
TheCapitol.Net is a non-partisan firm, and the opinions of its faculty, authors, clients and the owners and operators of its vendors are their own and do not represent those of TheCapitol.Net.
See larger image
var addthis_brand = "TheCapitol.Net";
NGOs and Nonprofits
_uacct = "UA-482433-1"; urchinTracker();